Monday, August 30, 2010

It's the Great Pumpkin, Beetle Cornett

The amazon goldbox deal of the day was a Kodak digital camera for $60. I thought to myself, “Who would like that camera for Christmas?” I thought of Beetle. Would she use a camera? What would she photograph? I can see her now, out taking pictures of her gourdes and pumpkins. But have you ever even seen Beetle with a camera? I know she hates having her picture taken, but does she like taking pictures? I’ve known her for nearly 27 years and have never seen her with a camera in hand.

Hand it to Doogie to pull an AC today. He drove to class with his backpack on the top of his car. He made it a couple blocks to Holmes High School before the bag hit the pavement. Everything survived. His laptop has a few scratches, but it still works. Thankfully, good neighbors found and returned the bag, with everything in it! Doogie proclaimed earlier that his day has been a fortunate one: this morning, the kitties (all but my sweet angel, Flashy) had run away, but we found them within 15 minutes; this evening, the backpack incident. No harm, just a lot of aggravation! Lucky!

Lucky for Doogie, he got to drive a sweet ride home today (mine is in the shop, so he got a loaner). A Chevy Aveo. Hahahaha! (No offense to anyone who is reading this and owns that little tin can....Why is it that every statement that starts with "no offense" is highly offensive? I mean, why
bother?) Anyhow, that car is hilarious. I had to drive the lost backpack to Doogie at NKU. I didn't think we (the Aveo and I) were going to make it up Taylor Mill Hill. I floored that sucker, and it barely reached 40. It took it 10 minutes to shift gears. Good Lord. Oh, and I thought I was going to die when I attempted to merge onto 275 from the ramp. A damn minivan nearly wiped me off the map! Putt, putt, putt..."I'm a Chevy Aveo and I max out at 50 mph. Aroldis Chapman can throw a ball faster than I can scoot across the road." I hate to say it, but Brian had it right in regards to the driving experience of the Aveo, "A $50 pair of gym shoes will give you the same experience."

1 comment:

  1. That must be a fancy camera to be able to capture the Chevy Aveo on film, it must not have been moving at its full speed

    ReplyDelete