Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Carnivore


Well, it's been a great run, but I think I am going to call it quits on the vegetarian experiment. I've been thinking about it for the past couple of weeks, and finally decided today (though, I have yet to eat meat). It was all that talk about meatloaf today. Mmm, meatloaf is so good! How I miss beef and pork! Lasagna! Cheeseburgers! Spaghetti with meatballs! Meatsauce! Hotdogs! Bacon, mmm! Sausage! I have to go back to that glorious, carnivorous lifestyle of yore. I will ease in gently, as not to destroy my digestive system, but little by little, I shall return to eating bacon cheeseburgers like it's my job! Mmm cheeseburgers.

Cheeseburgers at Zola's on Friday, if you're interested. Zola's burgers were ranked #24 among Cincinnati's top 40 burgers. Are you ready to go face-to-face with a dead cow? Full-on meatdom. A wise man once sang....
"Tried to amend my carnivorous habits
Made it nearly 70 days
Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays

But at night I'd had these wonderful dreams
Some kind of sensuous treat
Not zucchini, fettucini, or Bulgar wheat
But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat

Cheeseburger in paradise (paradise)
Heaven on earth with an onion slice (paradise)
Not too particular not too precise (paradise)
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise"

No comments:

Post a Comment