Monday, August 2, 2010

Babies and Baptist Pie

Oh, I forgot to mention how Beetle unleashed on Boomer this weekend regarding babies. I had just explained last week to my bestie that my family doesn't harass its women about having children. Well, boy was I wrong. Here we (Beetle, Boomer, and me) were chopping up veggies for a salad telling about friends who were expecting, when all of a sudden Beetle unleashed:

Beetle: [to Boomer] I'll tell you right where you are heading...you are going to end up just like Bert (Bert is Ripley's Aunt who is sick and on her deathbed and has no one to take care of her because she never had any children). You're going to be all alone and your cats will be dead and gone.Boomer: Mommaw! I can't believe you said that to me. You sure know how to make a girl feel good.

Beetle: Well, don't get mad, I'm just stating facts. You're going to end up just like Bert.

Me: Don't worry, Boomer, my babies will take care of you!

Beetle: Your babies? What babies?! You need to get with it, too.

And now we know how the Beetle feels about it. She's just statin' the facts.

Fact #2: Tomorrow I shall make a Baptist Pie. Pictures to accompany recipe and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment