Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Battle cries


Staring at a blank screen...flash, flash, flash goes the cursor. Annoying little thing. Another Flash is laying oh so sweetly at the foot of the bed next to his bad paint job brother, BC. Significantly less annoying. Not annoying. Well, until 6 o'clock rolls around, and someone wants food. Then, highly annoying. Two other brothers are currently in the heat of battle. Vicious beasts fighting to the death, and all you can hear is kitty battle cries, "MEEEOW," and the little bells on their collars jingling. My little family is so funny.

Funny how time flies when you are browsing movies to stream on Netflix. Not an exciting way to spend an evening, yet, that's what I've done. I've added a few classics to my queue, por ejemplo, Puppet Masters! I have been on a scary movie kick lately. Perhaps I think the more scary movies I watch, the quicker fall and Halloween will get here? I know I must be driving everyone batty (bats! Halloween!) with my non-stop wishing for fall's arrival. I'm truly getting on my own nerves. Is that possible? Everyday I hope for cooler weather. Sometimes, I pretend that it's not really hot outside, it's sunny, but the weather is cool. But alas, not having central air kills that daydream. It's summer. It's hot. It's miserable. And for the next 10 days, the temperature will range from 85 to 94.

Four stretches. Four pathetic little stretches. That's all I know how to do. Tonight, I decided that I was tired of being as flexible (or inflexible) as a tree trunk, and would do some stretches in the floor in attempts to wake up my muscles. Well, I spent most of the time down there on the hardwood petting Mr. Niles. I did 4 stretches total--that's all I remember from my time as an athlete (a 5th grader on the Robinson Bluejays basketball team)...probably the last time I stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment