Sunday, August 29, 2010

Had a ball Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but it's all over now and it sure is Monday

Gross! Monday! I hate Mondays! This is going to be a terrible week at work, too. Boo to it all! Boo, says I!

I am also upset about this weather. It was so hot today! I thought it was fall!? I thought we had something going on there for the past few days. What happened? I just looked at the weather forecast...for the next 5 days, temps range from 93 to 95. How dare you, mother earth, how dare you!

You should've been at Great American Ballpark Friday night! It was a great night for the Redlegs to whip up on some Cubbies! (Did you read that sentence? It is as if I've always been a baseball fan!) Three homers for Babe Bruce. Three! It was unreal. And the weather (this was before mother earth decided that she'd be a skank and take back fall) was wonderful (this was after the sun disappeared behind the ballpark)! Oh, and let's not forget that delicious Big Red Smokey! Mmm I wish I had another one right this minute! "Hey, if you were a hotdog and you were starving to death, would you eat yourself? It's a simple question."--Will Ferrell as Harry Caray


Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart...do we have actors like these today? They simply don't make movies like they used to. The gals came over Saturday night for a little movie night and we watched Annie Hall and Sabrina. Both were great! I think I enjoyed Sabrina more--you know how I love a happy ending. And while we're on the subject, and as I mentioned Jimmy Stewart, I am ashamed, being the lover of all things Christmas, to say that I have never watched It's a Wonderful Life. Isn't that terrible? It's currently sitting in my amazon.com shopping cart, along with The Wizard of Oz (calm down, I've seen that one). I'll get around to purchasing them as soon as I commit. I'm saving for a table, you know! Every penny counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment