Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Lumpus Cats



The Lumpous Cats, not to be confused with the Bumpus hounds, is the name Doogie has given our gaggle of kittens. They are lumpy behemoths, aren't they? Even Flashy is packing on the poundage. I remember when I got each of my babies. First, Mr. Niles. Got him at PetSmart. I saw him in his cage. Beautiful little gray kitty. He stuck his paw out for me to hold. Love at first sight. Second came BC. Someone was so wretched that they abandoned the sweet little goomer in an apartment building. He had been without food for a couple of weeks when Doogie found him. Doogie knew that I would love him instantly, and he was right. Next came the biggest beast of them all, Yoshipotamus. I adopted Yosh from my pal, Eller. Her kitty procreated with her roommate's kitty and soon there was a litter of kittens that Eller could not care for alone. Doug wanted to adopt the yellow kitten, but I knew Yoshi had to be ours. Lastly came Flashy. Now, it was under grave circumstances that he came into our world. His brother, BC had decided to be a rebel and ran away from his mommy and daddy. He had been missing for 2 weeks, and Doug finally decided to fill the void with a new cat. Of course, as soon as we adopted Flash, BC came back home. Now it is 4 Lumpus cats, Doogie, and I.

I wish I could erase all the bad memories and ingrain in my psyche only the fondest memories. ("Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories, by the Lake of Anawana set in the old pine trees!")
Erase: Every moment in my life that was ruined by Unc's, Darb's, or any other worthless family member's presence.
Retain: Junk Day on Juniper Street in Mrs. Barnett's 2nd grade class. I bartered with a penguin puppet and got myself some Nutter Butters (see, even as a child I chose food over all else).
Erase: 1992 Duke vs. UK Christian Laettner shot
Retain: First time I stepped inside Rupp Arena for baaaaaaaaasketball action
Erase: September 17, 1992
Retain: July 9, 1992
Erase: Bruising Doug's chestical
Retain: Every moment spent with my true love
Erase: Chewbacca being eaten by Jack
Retain: BC looking like a model, wind blowing through his fur, sitting on the back porch

No comments:

Post a Comment