Thursday, July 1, 2010

You wanna go where everybody knows your daddy's name.


I'm heading to Dwarf this weekend for the 4th of July. Not only am I excited to see my family, but I am also stoked to see my long lost high school buddies. When I leave Mommaw's house to meet them in town, she will ask who I'm going to meet, to which I will reply, "Jeanie and Sara, Amos Hamblin's and Steve Barker's girls."

There are a million girls at work who are preggo and I feel that I have given too much talk and time to this topic for the past week. Why, just today I walked by some broad who looked like she was about to explode (hand to God, she's bound to be having sextuplets), and I thought to myself, "There is a human growing in her belly. At this very moment, a human is within a human, just hanging out in there. Chillaxin. Su-Chin would say, "It has fingernails!" Does that not blow your mind? And also make you a little nauseated? I'm glad my besties will be going through this ordeal before me (one currently preggo, one who will most likely have the condition before I). They need to be able to help me through this mess. I'm definitely not ready, thank God I still have a while. Is 3 to 4 years enough time?

Time for a new topic. Let's talk about food, you know it's my favorite topic. I didn't make the chowder tonight. Best friend made it and she said it tasted funky, so I decided I shouldn't try it. As it is, I have no talent for cooking soups, so I may as well not attempt something that even if done correctly may taste like poop. So, I made fried taters, mac & cheese, and seschuan green beans. Pretty good. Tomorrow night we will eat on the road as we head for the mountains of southeastern Kentucky.

Kentucky Fried Chicken is out of the question, but surprisingly there are a great number of eateries that are herbivore friendly. Forget Wendy's, my old haunt sucks for the vegetarian. Their $1.29 side salad does NOT hit the spot, I guess that's why it's only $1.29. (Side note: Sitting out on the front porch...a little dude just cruised by on his big wheel. Cute.) Now, Chipotle, Qdoba, any Mexican joint, Indian buffet, BababBarleycorn's, Panera, and even the China Buffet all have delicious vegetarian options (the best being Qdoba). We can still eat out, just can't do fast food, which is good, I guess.

I guess it's time for me to hush. Good night!

p.s. The picture is of the Dwarf Kentucky Post Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment