Friday, July 9, 2010

Still going.


I've been keeping to my new eating habits. It's been over 3 weeks now. I think I am grower weaker as time passes. Last night, I had a dream about a cheeseburger. "Why don't you just eat a cheeseburger?" You might ask. Oh, heck, I don't know. At this point, I've held on too long to quit. I don't want to quit anyway. I like trying to think up new meals and experimenting with neew recipes. It's fun! Here's a recipe I intend to try out at the taco bar:


Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

Ingredients:


2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar


Directions:


In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.


Barring any unforseeable complications, I will be getting my hair chopped off today. Short. Really short. Think college, freshman year short. I don't think anyone other than Doogie supports this change. Oh well. Time for something new. A new look! A new adventure!


Adventure awaits around every corner, you have to seize the day, my friends. Sometimes my life seems pretty boring, but once you think about it, it's not. Who else could say they spent the 4th of July visiting the center of the universe? I had lunch with a doctor who told a wild tale; I picked up a genuine hand-sewn baby quilt; I drank milk from a Mason jar; I watched some crazy goomers shoot fireworks and survived to tell about it; I helped wage a war against an angry swarm of yellow jackets; and I watched a little frog and a blind dog become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment