Thursday, July 15, 2010


Yesterday, I wished it was fall already, and last night I had a dream that it wa snowing. I was at my Mommaw's house, it was coming a blizzard, and were were all sitting out on the patio in the snow. I thought to myself, "Allison, you brought this on us. You were the one who wished for cooler weather!" I replied to myself, "But, I just wanted it to be fall! I didn't want it to snow! I only want it to snow of Christmas! Not now! I wanted fall! I wanted sweaters and pumpking patches and gingerbread and cider and black cat decorations and candy and Halloween and piles of leaves and scary movies!"


I can no longer watch movies with gratuitous violence. They just make me feel awful, and I just want to turn off the movie and find something better to watch. I guess it makes sense. Why would you want to watch something like that in the first place? Why woudl you want to watch something that makes you depressed or feel awkward or scared? I'd rather watch something funny or romantic. Something with Julia Roberts or Billy Crystal. Something that makes you smile! I blame this new emotional reaction to movies with gratuitous violence on my tenure at the Freedom Center. Working 4 months in that dadblamed Lynching Photography exhibit has warped my mind. Why, justthe other day I was doodling and ended up with this distorted-looking head and it creeped me the hell out and made me have flashbacks to some of those grotesque pictures from the exhibit. I immediately ripped that page from my notebook and tossed the S.O.B. in the garbage. Good grief! I just don't understand how people could be so cruel to one another. Bunch of ingrates! Burns me up!


"Up on the housetop reindeer paws/out jumps good ole Santy Claus/ down through the chimney with lots of toys/ all for the little ones' Christmas joys!" Oh, Christmas! Please do come soon (but not until I have thoroughly enjoyed my second favorite season/holiday--fall/Halloween)! I have already purchased 3 Christmas presents. I am so proud of myself. Now, the real test comes: Will Allison, who usually makes Doug open his presents early because she is so impatient, be able to keep this presents from those who they will be bestowed upon until Christmas? Soon, Doug will finish my upstairs close, and I shall hide the presents there (except, not yours Doug). I'll be like Aunt Eunice and get me a box to put them all in. Unlike Aunt Eunice, I promise to not purchase used gifts from the "Catholic Store." However, Aune Eunice's gifts were never a let down. I mean, where else can a woman get a Classic Rainhat?

No comments:

Post a Comment