Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Weekend

I had a fun-filled weekend. Friday at work stunk, but Doogie picked me up at 5 and we hopped right to having fun. Got home and relaxed a bit, and then headed to Frisch's for dinner. Mmm! I foundered. Also, I noticed a similarity between Big Boy and the new MP building. I think MP ripped off Frisch's color pallet, seriously--same blue, orange, yellow, and red. Maybe I should get a Big Boy bank for my new cube. Instead of thinking about CSRs, I'll be thinking about grilled cheese sandwiches and french fries. (Now I am hungry!) After dinner, we came home and I went up to my lair (my bedroom), and watched a horrible chick flick (Dear John). I love Friday nights, but my favorite day of the week is Saturday.

Saturday started with baking (always a good sign). First, was Grandma Cleon's (Doug's Mommaw) chex mix. Success! The Chex Mix was delicious. After this win, the trouble started. I attempted to make the best peanut butter cookies in the world (the recipe is from a little old lady at Dwarf Baptist; she used to make these for Vacation Bible School). As the kids say these days, EPIC FAIL. I don't know what happened, honestly. I followed the directions, which instructed, "Cook cream and sugar together until a small ball forms." Yeah, nothing ever formed, but the sugar and cream FOAMED, climbed over the rim of my saucepan, and covered the surface of my stovetop. Scratch the cookies and move on to the cake! I went with Orange Sunshine, my favorite, something I've made a thousand times, perfect! BUT, I forgot the sour cream in the icing. Another fail. But my cooking didn't end in failure; I rebounded with cheesy hashbrowns. (Did I mention I was hungry?) I think I'll go make a plate of leftovers! The best thing about a recipe-swap, potluck function is all the leftovers you get for breakfast the morning after.

After everyone got their bellies full, and we sufficiently gabbed, we headed to the Dent Schoolhouse for their haunted house. We stood in line for about an hour, but finally made it through the house. Yikes! It was scary! I am glad I didn't have to go through the house alone, or I would not have made it out. I had to lead the crew for a bit, and that was the most tense job. I hated turning the corner and walking down the long, dark, skinny hall just knowing something was going to jump out and get you. Shew...stressful! I loved it! And guess what! No nightmares. Hooray! It was midnight by the time we got out of the house and were heading home. I guess you know what I did as soon as we arrived at 125, that's right---hit the hay! I slept in this morning and I didn't wake until 11!

11 has come and gone, and now it's half past noon on Sunday. Time for some of those leftovers I was talking about and some NLF football. Let's not think about what tomorrow is...

No comments:

Post a Comment