Saturday, September 18, 2010

The day has come...


My dining room table is finally here! Yes, boys and girls, today I went to Ikea and spent way too much money on a dining room table that I didn't particularly need. It is beautiful...or so it was in the store and in the catalog. It's sprawled out on the dining room floor in pieces right now. Doogie is in the dining room assembling it. Though, as I sit here and type, I hear the clanking of swords instead of the drill. I have a suspicion that he is playing Final Fantasy on DS instead of building my table. DOOOOGIE! GET TO WORK! KNOW YOUR ROLE! Doogie is sweet. He promised to buy me a buffet for Christmas. He spotted it at Ikea today. Same color as my table and will fit in the dining room between the fire place and the window. Perfect! Merry Christmas to me. (Let it be known that he retracted this promise when we got home. However, I suspect he'll still get it for me. He's a big softy.)

Softy (plush Godzilla toy) was M's best Christmas present. Last year for his birthday, we got him a plus Battra (some nasty worm thing from Godzilla). The 13th was M's 5th birthday and today was his party. We got him a dragon lunch box, a dinosaur sandwich cutter, and a dinosaur sandwich box. He seemed to like them, but his sister opened them for him. Reminds me of his remark when we were watching The Great Pumpkin last year---"My sister is like Lucy." The birthday party was hysterical, better than television, and it kinda made me not want to have children. Out of the dozen children there, 2 were all I could tolerate. The others: BRATS. Jesus, I just don't know how parents can tolerate these types of hoodlums 24-7. M got into a boxing match with some kid, for real. "Understand me, M, there is no kicking in boxing." Puh-chow. Pu-chow. "Listen, only I am allowed to kick, M." Pu-chow. Pu-chow. Then M goes running out of the pool screaming bloody murder, "I'm bleeeeeeeeeding!" And then there was the water balloon fiasco. Some of the older little girls brought water balloons, but not enough for every kid. So, they turned all Mean Girls on this younger little girl and wouldn't give her a water balloon. She cried and threw a tantrum, but I'm telling you, those older little girls were mean.

Mean people...everyday I see my world filling with more and more of them. And I'm getting tired of them. I try to be a positive, nice, easy-going person, but these mean people make it so hard. They're taking over! Ignore them, I say. They don't matter, and yet, I find them impacting my life. Making me worry. Causing me to be frustrated with things that would otherwise not bother me. Ugh. As the Sweathogs would say, "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment