Monday, September 6, 2010

Say it ain't so...

The 3-day weekend is over! Noooo! It was fun while it lasted. Let me tell you about all the fun things I've been up to this holiday weekend:

Carol and I worked ourselves to death (well, I did, she's used to such tasks, so probably wasn't as pooped as I was) Saturday on the bathroom. It looks so nice! After working all day, we kicked back on the bed with a couple glasses of wine and watched Ghost (Carol's favorite movie). I wish I could say the work was all done, but I still have to grout. Hopefully, I'll get that taken care of next weekend. I want to get it all done before Carol comes back from Philadelphia. When she is back, we're going to get one of her workers down here to hang drywall on the ceiling (it is currently some skanky ceiling tile). Not too much longer til it is completely done! Yay for a new bathroom.

The bathroom cost us 2 trips to Ikea, neither of which resulted in the purchase of my coveted table. I have to face the sad truth: I'm not getting my table this month. Forgot how much it costs to redo a bathroom: plaster for hanging of the tiles, vanity, sink, faucet, cabinet, toilet it all adds up to mucho dinero. *tear* I will purchase the table before the Halloween bash.

The Halloween bash has been on mine and Doogie's braing (as Alvin Bush would say)! We were shopping at Sam's yesterday (for the bare necessities) and came across something that we need so badly for the Halloween party: talking Halloween busts. They interact with each other! If only they weren't $75, they'd be on our mantle right now! We'll hold out for a month and see if they drop in price. They'd complement Edward (the Vampire) quite nicely. Can't wait!

Wait til you see all the loot Doug found in the garage when rummaging through his Dad's stuff. He hit the jackpot for pictures of Stephen (McBeavin the name of a twirp). Here we thought that no one cared about Steve and therefore took only pictures of his much cuter little brother, Douglas, but, what's that, someone did care! They cared enough to take pictures of little Steve (and promptly stash them in a ziplock bag in the bottom of a box full of books on the history of the Roebling Bridge)! Baby Steve, Toddler Steve, Steve with a mullet, Steve at Prom, and my all-time favorite, Steve snuggling his little bro, Doogie!

Doogie also found a cool document telling the history of the Pelstring family (Carol's family). Once I re-locate this piece, I will share it with you. Grandpa Vince's stamp collection was also discovered this weekend. AND a playbill from 1920. Super suave! I wanted Doug to switch me jobs: let me sort through family artifacts and you tile! He didn't go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment