Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The B-I-B-L-E

Last month I decided that I was going to rid our house of stuff we didn't need or want. I started with the bookshelves in the dining room. We had 3 bookshelves, none of which were the same color, and all of which were sagging and looking pretty pathetic. On this shelves were dozens of books that we had never read and didn't plan on reading in the near future. We cleaned off the shelves and sent the books back to Doug's mother (most of the books belonged to Doug's dad).

Among the books I shipped out of here was my Bible. Doug's aunt discovered it and brought it back home to me. This Bible belongs to Allison Jones. A gift from Uncle Mike and Aunt Ruby, Christmas 1992. It was a nice little Bible with a red leather zip-up cover. I was happy to have it back. I opened my Bible to check it out. Inside, I found a program for a church service at Dwarf Baptist Church dated 1995. This would have made me 11 years old. Now, on the program, there is a space for you to take notes on the sermon. Did little Allison take good notes from the October 25, 1995 sermon? Well, if the preacher was talking about how Jessica Shantell Wilson truly loved Jonathan Scott Noble, then yes, I took excellent notes!

What a little heathen I was! I was sitting in church with Shantell, no doubt, tormenting her by doing "love tests" to see who her perfect match was. When I saw these scribbles, I remembered the test immediately. In order to find out the exact number of people in this world who might have been a better match for you, you did this test. You wrote out "Name #1 truly loves Name #2." Then you drew this little chart where you count the number of vowels and add them up. You mark out duplicate numbers. The number you are left with tells you how many people out there in the world might be a better match than the person you listed. Completely scientific.

No comments:

Post a Comment