Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sad Times We Live In, Man

So, is it just me, or does it seem like the world is going to the shitter? What the heck is wrong with people these days? Why is everyone so doggone trigger happy? Whatever happened to good ole fist fights or name-calling? I don't know about people, man. I just don't know. Anyhow, I've been feeling icky about all of this violence lately. It started last month with the tragedy in Connecticut. My God. I don't even want to re-visit that topic. So horrible. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Then, I made the mistake of watching the news Monday night. I swear, after watching just 10 minutes on the local station, I heard the following stories: woman and teenage boys break into an elderly ladies house, elderly lady fights back, younger woman shoots her in the head; a man kidnaps his girlfriend, puts her in a bathtub full of water and dangles a hair-dryer overhead threatening to drop it in and electrocute her to death; dude kills another dude and leaves him in the hallway of their apartment building; woman and 2 dudes murder and dismember another dude.

The old man on the news tonight summed it up best. He was a gentleman from Verona and was asked by a reporter [paraphrased], "Are you shocked that these 3 dudes killed and dismembered this other dude [yes, this is a separate story from the one referenced above]?" And the gentleman said, "I was shocked at first, but then I wasn't. You can't be shocked anymore with all the idiots out there."

That is probably very insensitive, but, dang. Get it together, folks! Hug it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment