Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pointless Post

Because Justified is back and on air Tuesdays at 10, I now have to watch Parenthood the following day. (How is it that I only watch 2 shows on television and those 2 shows air at the same time?) People, is it just me, or are the Bravermans the most unfortunate family on the planet? (Yes, I realize this is a fictional family.) Let's just run through the list of issues this family has had over the past few seasons:

  • Father cheating on Mother, then Mother getting a new boyfriend 
  • Cousin doing the horizontal polka with cousin's boyfriend
  • Child with Asperger's
  • Teenager dating older dude with criminal record
  • Infertility
  • Birth mother backing out of adoption
  • Adopting a problem child
  • Kid getting stoned and wrecking car
  • Teenage pregnancy and abortion
  • Getting your niece a job on a campaign you're managing and her doing the horizontal polka with the candidate
  • Alcoholism
  • Cancer
  • Unemployment
  • Getting a chick pregnant 5 years ago, then she shows up with your kid you didn't know you had
  • Mom doing the horizontal polka with your high school english teacher (who you have a crush on), who is a over a decade younger than mom
  • The "N" word
  • War veteran coming home
I'm sure I could think of a whole lot more, but I am getting emotionally exhausted just thinking of those problems. 

In other news...

I saw 2 CVG strollers today. That is, I saw 2 separate men pushing their "babies" in strollers. Only, when I got closer, the babies were bags of scrap metal. Stay classy, CVG.

Sometimes, I get random songs stuck in my head. How do they get there? How does the Family Matters or Growing Pains theme song creep its way into my brain? 

It is impossible to feed baby cereal to a baby. It is impossibler to feed baby cereal to 2 babies. Especially when 1 is a bear named Joe.

I wish I had a flat-top like Nerlens Noel.

No comments:

Post a Comment