Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9, Kicks in the Head, Mama, and the Return of Boyd Crowder

The Bear named Joe.
Well, I am proud to report that I am still on my diet (or "dot"--Brian claims this is what it sounds like when I say "diet") and exercise routine. I have yet to die, so that is good. I've been hoofing it at the gym every day after work (which is really just 3 days since I am working part-time, but still). The first day, I had my sweet friend Jenna to pump iron with (NOTE: Neither of us pumped iron). Since then, I've been all by my lonesome. This is fine, I mean, it's not like working out is an activity that requires deep conversation or the like. For the most part, you're just walking next to each other, both rocking the headphones. But, it is a bit awkward when you are the only girl in the gym. The dudes forget I am there, and so they pick wedgies and scratch their wieners and it is gross. Who am I kidding? They're dudes. They would probably still be doing that even if I had a gym buddy. At any rate, kudos to me for still going strong at Day 9!

Jules and his hair.
The boys can no longer be trusted to stay in their pack and play together without supervision. I laid them in there yesterday evening while I went to make their bottles. I heard Jonas crying from the kitchen. "I'm coming! I'm coming! I gotta mix this formula. Good grief! Can I have a minute?! You are so demanding!" I was thinking the ole chap was mad because I was moving too slowly fixing his food. I get back into the living room with bottles in hand, and what do I see? Julian smiling and kicking his poor brother in the head. Poor little Joe Bear. 

Why is it that I see previews to the scariest movies when I am sitting alone in the dark? Have you seen the trailer for the new Guillermo del Toro movie (Mama)? Good heavens! It's a wonder I didn't have nightmares from just seeing that 1-minute clip. 

Did you watch Justified last night? Boyd Crowder is back! Yeehaw! Looks like he's going to get into all kinds of trouble this season. Walton Goggins is completely perfect for this role. I wish you all were from Southeast Kentucky and could truly appreciate this show. I mean, yes, obviously it is a television show and therefore totally outlandish at times, but, hand to God, some of the characters are dead-on folks I know back home (I know more than 1 Dewey Crow). Why, even last night Boyd Crowder's dialogue sounded like it came straight from Taylor Jones's mouth! Quoting Psalms to illustrate how God gladdened the hearts of man by making wine and using that to justify selling oxys. "And what are goods but just modern-day wine, albeit in pill form." I'm telling you! Visit Hazard, people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment