Thursday, January 31, 2013

Important Things

It is important:

I see a lot of Rice Krispie treats in their future.
To always have fixings for rice krispie treats in your pantry.

To note that eating >1 100 calorie pack treat is defeating the purpose.

To remember that if you are not a scoring threat, be a defensive monster. Continue to block jokers even with 4 fouls and make them wish they never met you. Seriously, 12 blocks in 1 game! My love for Nerlens Noel continues to grow.

To send your mother cards just to say hello. 
Talking with my mother today, she told me she came across a card I sent her when I was a freshman in college. The contents of this card: Eller had her butt slapped by Ernesto. I spilled my 7-up in the middle of Commons Cafeteria (figures). I was being stalked by some feller with taggy, stringy hair and cheese puff residue in his teeth. (Ryan was his name. Eller said he took the effing cake. After she said that, I laughed so hard that I fell to the ground. You just had to be there, I reckon.) Lastly, I had run into Cliff Hawkins on my way to class.

To help the Children's Home with Kelli and me!
Because helping the Children's Home during Christmas was so rewarding for us, Kelli and I decided to   continue to donate year round. Month 1 donations: Super Bowl Party Treats! Together we bought for 35 children and 15 adult supervisors. Working with our $230 budget (thanks to Tyler and Anne-Marie for contributing to our fund), we hit up Kroger and Sam's and were able to purchase party food fit for a king: chips, dip, salami, crackers, salsa, skyline chili dip fixings, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, pop, wings, jalapeno poppers, cookies, and donuts! So awesome to be able to get such a spread for the kids. I hope that they have a fabulous party!

We will be doing something every month throughout this year (and probably forever). So, let me know if you're ever feeling charitable! Next up: Valentine's Day goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment