Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bacon

So, I am still packing around an extra 20 lbs thanks to those 2 little dudes I had back in July (and all those burritos, 3-ways, and Big Boys I ate whilst preggers), and I am getting sick of it. So sick that I have decided to go on a diet (again). This go around, I am trying Carol's caveman diet. I'm not going to be as crazy..er...strict as Carol (i.e., I'll still eat crap from a can and pink slime hamburger meat from Kroger [I can't afford Whole Foods, people!]), but I am following her lead on banning bread, pasta, (all wheat products, really), and hydrogenated oils (or foods cooked in hydrogenated oils, rather). I told Carol I was going caveman, and she brought me some caveman bacon. This bacon, she exclaimed proudly, was free of antibiotics, nitrates, and something else, I can't remember. Let me tell you what else it was free of---taste! Whatever drugs they feed them pigs on those over-crowded farms sure makes the piggies taste good. I tell ya, I had some bacon from Sam's the other day and it was about 10 times better than that Whole Foods jazz. Pump my pigs full of whatever you want, as long as they taste good when I fry them up with my eggs.

Well, now I am on a quest for some good bacon. So, I call upon my good friend and foodie, Tyler. He naturally recommends a wesbite where I can order some good homegrown, home-cured (on the farm since 1840) bacon. I ordered maple bacon, hickory smoked bacon, and Cajun bacon. And because I am Luther's daughter, I also ordered some beef sticks and cheese. I will let you know the verdict. I am confident that this will be some good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment