Friday, March 4, 2011

Netbook

Check me out! I'm writing this blog on my new Netbook! It's totally rad. And red. Yes, I agree, blue is a far superior color, but blue was not available, so I had to settle for red. Anywho, this little toy is so convenient for blog writing. Just stick it in my purse and carry it anywhere. Can write from the bed, the couch, the car. Whatever floats my boat. I do what I want.

I want to take time to remember the story of Alli G and Doug Bear's first encounter. It was St. Patty's Day, 6 years ago. There I sat on the couch in the living room of my college apartment, in my pajamas, watching The
Ten Commandments, thinking Moses was pretty damn hot, and sipping on Satan's sauce and feeling slightly inebriated for the second time that day (it was St. Patty's Day for crying out loud). The phone rings.

L: Let's get wild.
Me: Right on.
L: Buster's?
Me: I'm already feeling it. You come here.
L: On my way.

L comes to booze and we watch Moses and carry on for a few hours.

Enter Hippie Stu and the Mook. Now, these are a couple of clowns. Hippie Stu tries to convince the roommate and I that going camping with him at Red River Gorge and eating mushrooms would be a spectacular idea. We were drunk, but not drunk enough to agree to that! Besides, Hippie Stu was like 40! Anyway, time passes, then ole L gets a call from his buddy Doug Bear, who is bored and looking for some trouble to get into, so L convinces the Dugster to come hang with us.

Enter Doug Bear.
L: This is Doug.
Me: Hi Duuuuug! Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo-dee--doo Doug, that's me! Hahah! Doug Funny! Get it?
Doug: Hi

The evening progresses. The complete Queen Greatest Hits Volume 1 album is sung. Talk of high school band commences.

Doug: I played the sax in band in high school.
Hippie Stu: You know what, man, you try too hard. I'm outta here. Allison, call me.
Me: What?

Aww...isn't it such a romantic first meeting? One to tell our children. Uh...or not.



1 comment:

  1. My netbook is red too! Mom has blue and I agree, I like it better. But red works! I LOOOOOVEEE the story or how you met. I don't think I have ever heard it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete