Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary! Tell me who Famous!

In 4 days, Doug Bear and I will celebrate our 6 years of loving each other anniversary. He doesn't celebrate this anniversary anymore since he says the wedding anniversary trumps it (i.e., he's too big of a tightwad to buy me 2 presents), but I do! So, Friday will be a happy day full of love for my Doug Bear. What should we do? A trip to Sam's, perhaps Frisch's? Oh, the possibilities are endless. Of course, we have to make it home by 9:45 to watch the Wildcats take down the Buckeyes. That's right! You heard it here first...I smell an upset!

Will I be upset if the Cats lose? Yes, of course, but at least we won't be getting beat by MOREHEAD. Oh! Haha, that never gets old. I hate the Louisville Cardinals. Children, UK basketball is not good for my health. I'm surprised I've made it this far in life without having some sort of breakdown regarding a basketball game.
Why on earth do I allow myself to get so emotionally involved? I come by it honestly, both my mother and the Beetle are true blue die-hards. It's in my blood. I've been watching the Cats for as long as I can remember. I read this book once, and in it, a character recited the names of famous baseball players as he drifted off to sleep. Since reading that, I've been counting UK ball players rather than sheep. Rex Chapman, Rob Locke, Jack "Goose" Givens, Kenny "Sky" Walker, P-Pat (Patrick Patterson), Nazr Mohammed, Travis Ford, Tony Delk, Jeff Brassow, John Pelphrey, Ritchie Farmer, Andre Riddick, Jamal Mashburn, Gimel Martinez, Cameron Mills, Ravi Moss, Rajon Rondo, Antoine Walker, Thunder & Lightening (Ron Mercer & Derek Anderson). Okay! I'll stop! I'll fill up the whole screen with UK basketball players. Honestly...I've got it bad. I mean really, I even remember their damn nicknames and the games/plays that made them...wait for it...wait for it...LEGENDARY.

The Greyhound Tavern is famous for their fried chicken. I wonder if I'll ever be famous for a food dish. I think those cheesy taters (BFF's recipe) might be on their way to being classified as famous. Maybe my (Beetle's) Orange Sunshine Cake? Or maybe even the Oreo cake (at least to BFF and husband)? I need to find a dish that can be my signature, but what? Doug Bear is mad at me cause I didn't cook tonight. He's in there frying up some taco meat, as I sit here on my butt. Hey! I moved from the couch to the dining room to show my support. *Sigh...I'm a bad housewife. Here the poor dude went to work all day, then to school all night (laaaaaw school even!). And what did I do? I went shopping, then came home and lounged. (In my defense, I bought Doug Bear some new kicks whilst shopping and not a thing for myself!) I'd be mad at me, too. I've got a disease...it's called lazy. I guess I'll have to cook him something good soon so he doesn't divorce me. Any ideas?

Ideas have been lacking lately. I need some creative juice (no, I don't mean booze, though I would happily accept a margarita). How will I ever write/draw my Yoshipotamus and Reemus comic for Doug Bear (I've only drawn 3) if I can't find my mojo? I haven't even been able to update this here blog in forever. It's empty up there, up there in my head. "She's got a head on her like a mongrel cat!" Where did that come from? Stowed away in the abyss...a quote from my high school US History teacher. My braing (as Alvin Bush would say) needs a swift kick in the brain butt. Wake up!!! Get with the program!

So, inspired by my good friend and a concert that I recently attended, I've been looking at programs for sponsoring a child (you know, one of those Sally Struthers deals). After doing a bit of researching (after Doug Bear did a bit of researching), I decided that my resources could be used here in ole CVG. Therefore, I shall be making my monthly contributions to the Children's Home in Covington. First items on the list: hotwheels and Barbies. I am telling you this in hopes to pass along the inspiration. Maybe you'll want to dig $32 out of the couch cushions and help a little dude out. : )






1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I laughed so hard because we had very similar days. I too spent the day shopping (didn't buy anything and in my defense I was only in shopping territory because the car needed an oil change and tires). I the proceeded to heat something frozen for dinner in the one hour that my husband is home from work and school. I realized it took 45 minutes rather than the 15 I am used to for frozen food so I ran to Wendy's. He left for school and I proceeded to fall asleep, burning the "real" dinner to a crisp. Girl, you are not one!

    ReplyDelete