Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chef AC

That's right, folks, I actually plan on cooking today. First up on the menu is fruity curry chicken salad. Doug Bear doesn't like my chicken salad, but too bad for him cause I do! Here's the recipe:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 4 green onions chopped
  • 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
  • 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 3/4 cup mayo
For dinner, we will have meatloaf. Everybody knows how to make meatloaf, so I won't waste your time with that r
ecipe. I guess I'll break down and make those brussel sprouts, too. I hope they taste good.

Good news everyone, Dunkaroos still exist! I was at Walmart earlier today and saw a box with my own 2 eyes! I didn't buy them, though, 15
years later and they're still too expensive for me! Cartoon movie night is upon us, and I need to start thinking about the menu. I haven't gotten past the entree: chicken nuggets. Doug suggests peanut butter and jelly uncrustables for dessert. That sounds like a winner to me! They look very intriguing, and I have been wanting to try them for quite a while now. I'll have to pick up a box at Sam's when we go for our weekly Friday trip. (Be jealous that Doogie and I have a Friday night ritual that involves perusing the Norwood Sam's Club. Followed by a little trip to Frisch's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment