Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goodbye 28, Hello 29!

Baby Allison
At 8:22 PM, I turn 29 years old. Yes, 29 years ago today the world was blessed with my existence. I have never actually asked my Mom about that night. Alls I know is, it was colder than a well digger's arse, and there were a lot of Joneses in the waiting room...smoking and giving Beetle a headache. Can you imagine being allowed to SMOKE in a hospital? The 80s. So classy!

The boys slept in this morning...until 8:30. Doug got up with them so I could sleep in. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep, so I got up anyhow. BUT, to get through the morning, I made some bacon and Doug made me pancakes. Excellent birthday breakfast. PLUS, it snowed!

Yes, we're still sporting reindeer pjs.
I hung out with the boys the rest of the morning/early afternoon. You should have seen our living room. There wasn't one clear spot on the floor. One pack-n-play with gym inside, 2 jumperoos, 2 swings, and 1 exersaucer. If you don't have babies, or haven't been to my house in the past 5 months, and aren't familiar with all of the aforementioned jazz, just know that 1 of those items alone takes up a whole lot of real estate.

Doug took Marc and the boys to Target around 2, which meant I got to stay home and take a bubble bath! Happy birthday to me!

So, not only is it my birthday, it is also UK vs UL game day. You know it's game day in Kentucky when everyone you talk to that day answers the following question the same way.
Q: What's going on today?
A: Ah, nothing. Just waiting on the game.
Too bad UK lost. BUT, they only lost by 3 at Louisville. I'll take it. These boys are going to be dangerous come March.

Joann came over after the game to watch the babies while Doug and I went out. We went to dinner and had real grown-up drinks! After dinner, we were going to go to Festival of Lights, but I decided it was too cold. I wanted to go somewhere for another drink, but since we are so cool, we couldn't even think of a place where we could go have a drink. So, we went to Graeter's instead. I had the usual butter pecan and Doogie had cookies and cream. Yeah, we are wild. Oh, and Doogie bought me a birthday gift: a Graeter's Ice Cream Cone Christmas ornament! Hooray!

We arrived home to find the boys already in their pjs. This made me a little sad because one of my favorite things to do is dress them in their pjs. So, since it is my birthday and all, I re-dressed them! Besides, they had  on fleece pjs, and this house is hotter than hell. I didn't want them to roast! They are now donning cotton baseball pjs from their girlfriend TBo. We had a couple tickle fights. Played hop on pop. They sucked down a few ounces of similac, and now they are snoozing.

29 ain't so bad. Talk to me again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment