Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas at Home

Today is the most wonderful day of the year...but all of its wonder is about to end in 42 minutes. Poop. Why can't Christmas come once a month? I guess if it happened so frequently, some of its magic would be lost. 365 days until we meet again, Christmas! And next year, I will be ready. I will be waiting and plotting and I will have my schedule down. We will practice old traditions and we will begin new ones. Yes, sir, 365 days.


Christmas Eve at Mommaw's was a blast (see Christmas in Dwarf: Part 2). When we got home, I made us some lasagna (do I smell new tradition?), we jammed to Christmas tunes, played with babies, sat by the tree, and exchanged gifts with Doogie's family. And because we didn't feel like waiting for Santa (sorry Santy), Doogie and I opened our gifts. Dacian, eat your heart out:


This morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn, which I am sure will unfortunately be a tradition from now until the boys are grown and love sleep as much as their mother. I had planned on making breakfast, but ended up just eating some Apple Jacks. Carol came down around lunch time and put the bird in the oven. The boys opened their Christmas gifts from Aunt Linda. Check out Jonas and his zebra.


Speaking of Jonas, that guy was craaaaaanky today. I think he is ticked that Christmas is about to end. Or maybe his bad mood is due to his massive amount of toe jam. WARNING: Graphic image below.


Just before dinner, the boys got a visit from Santa's helper, Joann the Christmas Elf.


Dinner was AMAZING. Carol, Doogie, and I out did ourselves, people. You should've come over. We had turkey (naturally), gravy, mashed potatoes, dressing, sweet and spicy sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry relish, and peach pie (and did I mention that there were only 4 of us at dinner?). It was a meal fit for a queen, and, well, I am the Christmas Queen, so I ate until I was about to pop. Downright glorious. 

When everyone had foundered on dinner, we sacked out on the couch to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I wish you could've heard Carol cackle at the movie. I mean, that movie is hilarious, but it was killing Carol. Her favorite part of the movie (or at least the part that got the biggest reaction, "she was laughing so hard I thought she was having some sort of fit...some sort of medical emergency"--Doug) was when the ice shard flies out of Clark W. Griswold's gutter and straight through his snotty neighbors' window.

After the movie, we opened more presents! We all gave and received a lot of nice jazz, but in particular, I really enjoyed this little gift from Joann. It is a "Worry Angel" that her niece made. The angel says, "I'm your worry angel. Place me on your sill. Now you don't have to worry. Because you know I will."


Ah, beautiful, wonderful, magical, totally awesome Christmas. See you in 365 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment