Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Brave

This picture doesn't really have anything to do with
this post, but I love Jules dominating Sophie the Squeaky Giraffe.
This morning I realized that I was very brave. Julian woke up around 7 hollering for something to eat. Since I wake in a zombie state, I have to sit up in the bed and get my bearings straight before I go off to the kitchen to fix a bottle. Well, this morning I saw what I thought was a spider. (You see, I have woken up on 2 separate occasions over the past couple of weeks with strange bumps on my body. Only a few at a time, and they itch. One morning, there were about 3 bumps on my leg. Another morning, there were 2 on my thumb. I don't know the source for this. I haven't switched soap, laundry detergent, or perfume. Could it be a spider or some kind of bug in the bed? Then why doesn't this mystery creature eat on Doug for a while?) So, I thought this black thing in the bed was a spider, and what did I do? I PICKED IT UP! I must've still been in zombie mode.What was I thinking? At any rate, it was just fuzz. What on earth would I have done if it had actually been a spider? I would have screamed bloody murder, that's what I would've done. But, for a moment at least, I was brave.

In other news...

Santa is cool, but playing Santa and delivering
gifts is even cooler.
Today I took all of the Christmas donations to the Children's Home. Together we raised over $330 in cash and gift cards PLUS we had a whole tote full of awesome loot from hot wheels to Mr. Potato Head to Barbies to socks to fingernail polish. A GREAT BIG thank you to all of those who donated! You rock! You have helped to make some little dudes' and dudettes' Christmas a little more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment