Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Reality TV

Maridith and Jonas at last year's Halloween party.
Every Tuesday night, my friend Maridith comes over for supper. She's been coming over on Tuesdays ever since I was pregnant with the boys. It started as a favor for me: she'd come over and cook me dinner, as I laid lifeless on the couch like the beached whale that I was. I'm so happy that we've kept our Tuesday nights going strong for over a year. I look forward to them every week!

Usually, Maridith arrives at the house right around the time Word Girl comes on, which is also right around the time Dacian gets home. They entertain the boys while I cook. Additionally, they use this time to catch up with each other regarding the television shows they both watch. "What did you think of this week's Person of Interest? When does season 3 of Sherlock come on?" Etc. Etc.

Last Tuesday, I was eavesdropping on their conversation and her Dacian giving Maridith a hard time about watching reality shows. "At least I watch quality reality shows!" Maridith exclaimed. "I watch Genealogy Roadshow not the Jersey Shore!" To which Dacian replied, "What? The Jersey Shore isn't a reality show." "Yes, it is, Dacian." "You mean to tell me Snookie is a real person? No way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment