Friday, October 11, 2013

Cookies and Pancakes and Pizza and Pretzels and Caramel Apples and...

Julian's cookies.
Do you know what it means to be "down in the back?" Neither did Doug. Sometimes I wonder how there are still phrases I say that he does not understand. We've been together for a million years, I would reckon that I've said every Dwarf saying there is to say. Evidently not. Just remember, if a hillbilly ever says to you, "I'm down in my back." That means he/she has a backache. Doug's aunt is currently down in her back.

I love coming home from work. Not only do I get to flip the bird to the ole workplace for the evening, but I am always greeted by 2 very happy little dudes. Sometimes they even greet me with some sugar! Now, sugar in this sense means love and affection. Oh, it is the sweetest! Little baby hugs and kisses are the best. Today, however, I was literally greeted with sugar. I hadn't no more walked through the door when ole Jules came running in my direction...carrying a package of cookies! I had to (temporarily) break his heart and deny him his chocolate brownie cookie. He settled for a graham cracker bunny. You have to eat supper before you get the good stuff, man!

Mmm chocolate brownie cookie. I would give my left arm for one of those babies. (I'm keeping my
It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
right. I'd be utterly useless without it.) But alas! I am on a diet. Aren't I always? Anywho, I am 1 pound away from pancakes, people! That's right. Get excited! One more pound will bring my total weight loss to 10 lbs, and I shall celebrate with a gloriously gluttonous day. Frisch's pancakes, Mellow Mushroom pretzels and pizza, and a nice big caramel apple from Sweet Tooth Chocolates. Most girls dream about squeezing into that little black dress. The eternal fat kid, I dream about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment