Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Zoo

On Friday, the boys took their very first trip to the zoo! We had such a wonderful time (save for the long commute there thanks to Cincinnati construction and the trying to fit my large van into a very small parking space)! The zoo babies were out in full force. The cutest, of course, was Gladys the 3-month old gorilla. The coolest part of seeing Gladys was watching her surrogate interact with her. Oh, why can't I be a monkey's mommy for a living? Gladys was born in a zoo in Texas, but her Gorilla Mother rejected her (poor baby), and so now she lives at the Cincinnati zoo where a team of humans don vests of fur and black clothing and teach her the ways of the gorilla, at least  until she is big enough to join the rest of the gorilla crew. Why wasn't I a zoologist?

While we were checking out Gladys and her surrogate mother, Brittany was watching another
extraordinary scene: an elderly lady on a rascal driving literally up a wall. Her rascal was on two wheels as she tried to bypass the Gladys crowd and make her way past the gorillas. I am telling you people, the woman was dead on Dr. Nefario from Despicable Me.

Also, while we're talking about the zoo, can I just ask--what the heck is up with people's zoo attire? Why, I thought a plain ole t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, maybe a Reds ballcap to block the sun would do. No sir. These people are plumb goofy. Belly shirts and hippie skirts (on hippies, so don't get excited fellas). Black lace dresses with pink tights and high heels. And, hand to god, a mint green prom dress. Bewildered.

Moving on...
Doug took his last ever law school final last night and on Saturday he graduates! Woohoo!! Law school is finally over! However, now it's time to study for the bar. So, come visit me anytime starting now through Aug 3, as the boys and I will be all alone, as our beloved Doogie will be non-existent to us (aka holed up in the garage using every "free" minute to study). This should be fun.

I loved this bear. I wanted to snuggle him. That would have
ended badly for me.
Random:
You know what I like? I like that Coke commercial with the hidden camera. You know, the one where they show feed from the security camera of people being nice, fun, loving, happy people. I like that. Watching people sneak a smooch, hug a buddy, dance. We all need more fun in our lives. Yeah, yeah, so big brother is watching us. Whatever. Don't ruin the moment.

1 comment:

  1. If you think the zoo is bad don't ever head to Coney Island! You will be scared for life! And although the women are the worest offenders frankly some of the men disgust me more! Used to teach swim lessons there- I saw it all! Between the massive amount of tatoos going on now a days and the piercings I'm not sure what society will look like when I'm 70 but maybe by then my eye site will be so bad I won't care!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete