Sunday, May 19, 2013

News?, Banana-less Banana Pudding, and A Tooth

Beetle and Jonas
Am I the only person on the planet who hadn't heard of Jodi Arias? Probably so. Well, never fear. My Grandmother (Beetle) filled me in on the whole ordeal this weekend. You know how she loves Nancy Grace and the HLN channel. I believe I've told you before, but let me say it again, my little Beetle is hilarious. She is also a closet cusser. That is, she likes to say cuss words, but only when she is repeating someone else (she's the best storyteller). Anyway, I've heard her say a few bad words, but never did I ever think I would hear my 81-year-old Grandmother say the words, "anal sex." That's right, people. Evidently, this nutty woman, Jodi Arias, according to Beetle (and therefore Nancy Grace and company) got religion in the midst of her relationship with the poor guy she allegedly murdered. Her religion (through her eyes) told her that the normal horizontal polka was wrong, but the backward horizontal polka? was a-okay, so that's what they did. Good grief! Tell me why again does anyone watch the "news?"

Oh yeah, Beetle also told me that this Jodi was an artist. "What kind of art does she do?" I asked, not that I cared. Beetle said, "Well, one day, she was sitting in court just doodling around, and when she showed what she had drawn, it was a penis."

How do I follow-up the post after writing about that awful mess? 

Let's talk about my latest new recipe: banana pudding. I actually made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago before I started my new recipe challenge, but I made it again this weekend and am counting it. You know, I thought I was weird, but the more I talk to people, the more I see that I am not the only person who thinks banana pudding would be so much better without the bananas. In this pudding, I used: 1 block of cream cheese (beat this first, then add...), 1 box instant vanilla pudding, 3 cups milk, 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Mix all of that, then fold in 1 tub of cool whip. Lastly, layer vanilla wafers, bananas, pudding until you're all out of goodness. Put it in the fridge to chill, then serve. Make sure you make a giant batch of it because once it is gone, your Uncle Bob will not recover. You'll hear, "I sure wish I had some of that banana pudding left. Ain't there anymore in the fridge?"

By the way, Beetle said that Troy Austin's (my Grandpa's brother) favorite dessert was chocolate pudding and vanilla wafers. Mmm. Might have to add that to my repertoire. However, I insist on cooking my chocolate pudding. It has to be warm. 

Tonight as I rocked Julian to sleep, I thought about my future children. I thought maybe I'd like to have the next baby in October, a nice fall month. Then I thought, if I have a baby in October, that basically kills basketball season for me. How am I to attend 20 ballgames at Rupp with a new baby? It wouldn't be possible. 

BROTHER FIGHT UPDATE:
We went to Dwarf this weekend for a visit, and I thought we were actually going to leave Combs Branch without witnessing a brother fight. The boys were so good. They shared! They settled for toys that they didn't have to steal from their brother. It was very impressive. But this morning, it all went to heck. Over an empty kleenex box. You heard me right, friend. An empty kleenex box brought Jonas to tears...or maybe it was Julian's fist to his head that brought Jonas to tears. I was in the kitchen getting breakfast ready, and I hear Uncle Anthony hollering, "Don't kill your brother, man!" And then they crying began. Poor dude. Ant took the box and ripped it in half, and gave a piece to each bro. Kids and boxes. Just like cats.

ALSO...Jonas has a tooth! Today the boys turn 10 months old, and a tooth is finally poking through. Hide ya fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment