Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's Been Too Long

It seems like forever since I last wrote a blog post. I've been in this sort of daze lately thanks to work. Lots of hours writing boring documents and no time for writing fun things. But tonight I finished my work early (ie, before 11), so thought I'd get a quick post in to catch up.

Pause for momentary barf fest: GAG A MAGGOT. There's a commercial on television with Louisville fans talking about how awesome it was to win the National Championship. Ugh. 

Anyway, the boys are wild men. They can clap their hands. Pull themselves up. Jonas can high-five. Julian can push his walking toy all by himself. They've eaten french fries, macaroni and cheese, chicken, and zucchini fritters in addition to their usual food items. They got their first pair of walking shoes! AND, they went swimming. I figured the dudes would like swimming because they have an absolute blast in the tub, but I sure never expected them to love swimming as much as they did. I am serious when I say they laughed the ENTIRE time we were in the pool. Check out the youtube video if you need proof. Ignore my goofy self splashing around like an idiot (evidently, splashing is hilarious).

Is it just me, or are the people of Covington looking more like the cast of The Walking Dead (the walkers) every damn day? They must've had a rough winter because they are looking haggard, man.

A Tragedy
The other night while I was upstairs rocking the boys to sleep, I had a brilliant idea: I'll make rice krispie treats when I go back downstairs. As soon as the boys were dreaming, I headed for the kitchen. Had my butter melting and took off for the pantry to get my marshmallows. As I was carrying them to the kitchen, I noticed that they were sort of hard. I looked at the best by date and it read May 2012. Immediately my heart shattered. No rice krispie treats. After the hurt, I went to anger. Naturally, Doug was to blame for this. Instead of buying me fresh marshmallows like I asked, I knew he just drug those out of the pantry in an attempt to teach me a lesson about being wasteful. I yell at him for this. Um, yeah, that wasn't what happened. He did buy me "fresh" marshmallows at Kroger. However, Kroger must not have cleaned their dang shelves for the past year because they sold the man some year-old brick-like mallows. I know it was you Latonia Kroger. You broke my heart! You broke my heart!

Last week's recipe: Adella's Dirt Cake.
My friend Adella sent me a recipe that is known as her signature dish. She found the recipe when she was in high school. It was just lying in her seat one day waiting for her, knowing that someday it would be shared with me. 
Ingredients
1 pkg Oreos
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz bowl of Cool Whip
1/2 cup butter
Milk for pudding
Directions per Adella: First, make the instant pudding according to box directions. Second, in the absolute most huge bowl you own combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and Cool Whip. After pudding has set, add it in to the huge bowl. Mix well. In a large pan do 1 layer of crushed Oreos. Start with a layer of Oreos, 1 full row is what I do, then layer on half the mixture, then another layer or Oreos, the other half of your mixture, and top it off with a last layer of Oreos. Let it chill for at least 3 hours, but I like to have 6 just so it's good and cold.
Brother Fights
They were fighting over nothing in particular. Just felt like rumbling, I reckon.

Joe putting Julian in the Figure 4.
Be still, Joe, and let me climb over your face to get to this toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment