Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Boy Fights

As you saw from A Story in Pictures (And a Few Captions), my little dudes like to duke it out with each other. I know I probably shouldn't laugh, but it seriously is a hilarious site to see. I have a feeling that I am going to be breaking up fights for the rest of my life. So, in honor of the return of Arrested Development, and because I get such joy out of it, I have decided to start documenting these brother fights. Now, I won't go so far as George Bluth and provoke the dudes, but I sure will laugh and share these moments with you.

May 11, 2013.
The boys started to get a little cranky, which generally means 1 of 3 things: they're hungry, they're sleepy, or they're hungry and sleepy. A good fix to this is a couple of bottles. I went to the kitchen to whip them up a little snack, and as I exited the room, I said, "Boys, I've got to go make your bottle. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone." They didn't. They wanted to wait until I got back so I could watch. I gave each dude his bottle and they kicked back in their boppies and twiddled their hair and tried to catch some zzz's. Well, at least Julian tried. Jonas decided that his bottle didn't suit him, so he pitched it to the side, crawled over to Julian, and politely ripped Julian's bottle from his hands. He then proceeded to sit up and drink the bottle right in front of Jules. What else can a man do but kick the tar out of the bottle thief? Jules began kicking his brother, but Jonas didn't mind. Even when his little body was scooting across the floor as Jules pushed with all of his might.

May 12, 2013.
Julian and his mighty strength picked up the ballcano and dumped it onto his brother. In a fit of
rage, Jonas retaliated by grabbing Julian by the hair and yanking him to the ground. Not to be outdone, Julian then grabbed a handful of Jonas's face and yanked. Crying ensued. I had to swoop in and rescue the babies; quickly resolving all issues by reading, "Cuddles the Cow," their favorite book at the moment.

I'm Cuddles the Cow. I eat straw and hay. I sit on the grass almost all day. My little baby is called a calf. I tickle his nose to make him laugh. (Then I have to tickle their little noses. That's their favorite part--and mine, too!)

Stay tuned for more brother fights!

1 comment: