Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hello. Is your refrigerator running?

Some prank phone calls received at Beetle's residence over the years:

Once upon a time, someone called our precious Beetle and asked, "Are you horny?" Lawsy me! Good thing B.B. the Alien was there to retaliate. He snatched the phone away from Beetle and said so many bad things the devil would've blushed.

People were always calling Pap and Beetle to get money. "Oh, our hospital needs money to keep going." "Oh, the church needs some extra cash for this." "Oh, the democratic party needs your last $4 to do that." Etc. Etc. Etc. Beetle advised Pap not to send any money to anybody:
Caller: Hello, I'm so-and-so with the American Legion Department of Kentucky. Yes, uh, Mr. C., we need your cash for the veterans."
Pap: Call George Bush!

Beetle: Hello.
Prank caller: Hey, baby. I had such a great time last night.
Beetle: Buddy, I don't know who you're trying to call, but I ain't her!

And the timeless classic:

Pap: Hello.
Prank caller: Is this Forrest, Forrest Gump?
Pap: I'm sorry. You have the wrong number. This is the C residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment