Monday, September 30, 2013

Ghosts

Remember when I indirectly tore Doug's eye open the other morning when I thought I saw a ghost? Well, ever since then, I can't stop thinking about them. I used to think I'd be cool with seeing a friendly ghost, but nowadays, I'm not so sure I could handle it. Even the thought of Casper gives me the shivers (save Casper [the real boy] from the 1995 classic movie of the same name; I totally loved him).

You already know about my fear of the monster under the bed, well the fear has just gotten worse since the ghost sighting. I am ashamed to admit it, but sometimes, by the light of my cellular phone, I check the closet and under the bed before I can safely crawl under the covers. Even then, I'm uneasy. Every time I close my eyes, I have this vision of a witchy woman coming for my soul like that crazy broad in Drag Me to Hell.

Sometimes at night, I watch the boys sleep via the camera in their nursery. I know, right? I'm as creepy as the witch broad. Anywho, last night I was watching and I swear I saw an orb! For those of you who do not have a husband whose favorite show is Ghost Adventures, an orb is an unexplained, typically circular flash of light that is a supernatural phenomenon letting you know that an invisible spirit, ghost, angel, etc is hanging out near whatever you photographed with your camera. Luckily, Doug was upstairs and went into the nursery about the same time I saw that ghost, so all was well. (Julian had woken up, and Doogie went to rock him.)

This got me to thinking. What would I do if a ghost tried to mess with my boys? I'd have no other alternative but to squash my fear and channel my inner Winchester and kill (again) some ghosts. Another good use for my cast iron skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment