Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just a Picture of Food

I am obsessed with zucchini fritters. Yes, vegetables are involved and yes, I eat them voluntarily. Pretty weird, right? Anyway, I've been going on about these things for a few weeks now, so I thought I'd share the recipe. You could come over for supper about any night of the week and they'll be on the table. Best served with a nice sliced, homegrown, juicy tomato.

You start with your zucchini and onion and you sprialize them. Spiralize is a word, even if I made it up. On this night, I used 2 large zucchini and 2 medium white onions.


Then you add eggs (I added 2) and some almond flour (thanks for the ground almonds, Carol).


The mixture looks like this.


You pour some bacon grease in a big pan and fry those bad boys. Remember to salt and pepper each side. Voila! Zucchini fritters!


And just for fun, he's a picture of the boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment