Sunday, July 31, 2011

Marc and Doug


Marc and Softie, Xmas 2008
 Douglas, Carol, Marc, and I went for a nice dip in the pool this afternoon. During our swim, I asked Marc what he would like for his birthday (he'll be 6 in September). He mentioned that he would dig some Legos and some kind of Godzilla action figure, he told me the specifics but it went in one ear and out the other as soon as he said it. Anyway, Doug was trying to teach the kid how to shoot a basketball (there's a hoop in the pool), and he was cooperative after a little bit of encouragement. At first, Marc proclaimed, "I'm horrible at basketball!" But Uncle Doug told him that wasn't the case, so the boys played ball a bit. So, Doug continued the birthday present conversation with this:

Doug: What about a Nerf basketball hoop for your room?
Marc: No thank you. But I was thinking about a little TV with a remote.

Maybe he can watch some basketball?

That kid is a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment