Friday, July 22, 2011

Christmas Shopping in July

Congratulations to me and my already impressive start on Christmas shopping. If Christmas was tomorrow (oh, how I wish it was so), I would have Christmas presents for 7 folks on my list! I am cooking with butta, children. Oh yeah.

Question: Is Sammy Davis, Jr. a Jew?
Answer: Yes, I just verified with a reputable source (Wikipedia).
Why am I asking: Well, this morning on the way to work, I was listening to The Rat Pack Christmas album, and he's on there wishing me a Merry Christmas, but I got to thinking, shouldn't he be on record with Adam Sandler singing about Hanukkah? That would be cool, as both Adam Sandler and Sammy Davis, Jr. are totally awesome.
Little factoid: Sammy Davis, Jr. was a fan of soap operas. Because he was suave, he landed a cameo on General Hospital and a recurring role on One Life to Live.

Back to Christmas...we will be traveling to Philly this year for our yuletide festivities. I was thinking this morning on the way into work of how epic it will be to take this Christmas journey, this 9-hour drive, and listen to nothing but Christmas music the whole way! Oh, and we can share our fondest Christmas memories. Doogie is going to be so excited! The only downside to Christmas in Philly is that I won't be able to have my ugly Christmas sweater and Chinese take-out Christmas extravaganza (maybe I could just have that earlier). Poor ole Doug Bear never gets to spend Christmas with his family. This will be fun!

And lastly, I want to end with this cheerful note: Sweaters have arrived at your local Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment