Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dwarf Picture #2


This morning, I was awoken by the lovely aroma of fresh green beans cookin'. Sure, it was 8 o'clock on a Saturday, which is generally against my religion, but I had to get up, you see. I had to go check on the Beetle and make sure she didn't need any help. Well, got up and went to hang with the family. Had me a bowl of Mommaw's famous soup for breakfast. Hearty! I had to scrape the pot to get one bowl. The soup was made last night, but no one told me! Aut was trying to keep it all for himself. The jerk. Anyway, after my breakfast of champions, I sat around and watched everyone cook (I offered to help...I tasted the deviled eggs to make sure they were perfect). 10 o'clock rolled around, and everyone headed down to Homeplace to get ready for the George Washington Cornett reunion. Everyone but me and Aut, who decided to stop by the Wildcat Warehouse in route to Lee's Famous Recipe to meet and greet DeAndre "The Mind Freak" Liggins. We stood in line for about 20 minutes. Oh, and whilst in line, I received a text message from an unknown caller that read, "My boyfriend is out of town this weekend, you still interested in me?" Nice!

Finally got up there to DeAndre. Beetle had ripped off this little piece of paper with which I was supposed to get DeAndre's signature for her. "Tell him your little old Mommaw was too tired from cooking all morning and couldn't come over, but she sure thinks he's a good ball player and wants his autograph." So, instead of the little sheet of paper, I bought Beetle a $10 picture of the boy and got him to sign it, "To Beetle." And he did!! How awesome. I told him it was for my Mommaw. :) To borrow a few lines from Codar, "Why is UK basketball so magical?"

No comments:

Post a Comment