Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Miss My Mommaw

Well, I've been gone from Dwarf for almost 12 hours and I miss my Mommaw terribly. I had such a wonderful time with her. I'm about to cry just thinking of her sitting in her recliner, working on crafts, watching The Reds all by her lonesome. [Note: I just checked the score of the ballgame; I bet Beetle is NOT a happy camper.]

We had a blast this weekend. Started the homecoming off last Friday with Codar and I arriving in D-town to see Mommaw, Aunt Kathy, Austin, and Bob all at Beetle's crib. They were hanging out and getting ready for the family reunion on Saturday morning. Aunt Kathy made broccoli casserole and sweet potato casserole and Mommaw made potato salad. Austin and I just sat there and goofed off and broke beans (oh, and let's not forget him neglecting to tell me that there was a pot of Beetle's famous soup on the stove).

The next morning, Uncle Anthony arrived, and I woke up to the lovely scent of fresh beans a cookin'. Oh Lord, children, I ate like a queen when I was in Dwarf (to be discussed further along in blog). We made the deviled eggs, just like the Cornetts love them--heavy on the mustard! Then, Austin and I went to meet and greet DeAndre Liggins while the rest of the crew headed on down to Homeplace. The family reunion was groovy. I stuffed my face and also won a prize!!! When my name was called and I walked over the prize table, I chose a little owl made by Beetle as my winnings. It is killer.

Sunday, well, you know what happened Sunday. RIP, Barksy. :(

The week went by so quickly! Every morning, Beetle and I would have our breakfast (since Boomer doesn't read this I can tell you that Beetle usually had a cup of coffee and 2-3 cookies...I usually had Honey Nut Cheerios). After breakfast, we'd watch her shows: Judge Joe Brown, Family Feud, The Price is Right, Steve Wilkos, the Young and the Restless, and the Bold and the Beautiful. Man alive, Mommaw is hilarious when watching tv. She yells at the contestants on the game shows, "Them people are plumb stupid," and she bad-mouths the soap opera characters, "You know, Victor Newman is not a good person." Her commentary is more entertaining than the shows.

When we weren't watching her shows, we were either cooking, breaking beans, or shopping. We had a couple little trips to Wal-Mark (where I think I saw one of my Uncles on my dad's side, but can't be for certain, at any rate, I didn't talk to the guy) and a trip to JCPenney, where we searched all over creation for a 3/4 length sleeved shirt with no luck! We also took Dilly to KFC for his birthday dinner; the kid evidently eats there everyday, it's his new addiction. Oh, and for our grand finale, last night, we went to Jenny Wiley Theater twice! In the morning, we went to the matinee of The Dixie Swim Club, and later that night, we went to see Annie! Oh, it was splendid. I love watching Mommaw's face while the show is going on, and hearing her crack up at the funny parts.

Oh, and back to the food. Let's see, we broke beans, cooked beans (Beetle solo), canned beans (Beetle solo), made lasagna, lemon cookies, sugar cookies (known in Dwarf as Allison's Christmas cookies), soup beans, fried taters, greens, and cornbread. Oh, it was delicious! All of it!!
AND, of course, we had watermelon every other night. Dakota Kid came down and shared his watermelon with us. He even sang us songs while we ate. Super cute!
I really miss my Mommaw, Uncles, Aunts, and Cousins. I wish that Dwarf wasn't so far away. :( But I am happy to be home and see my little family here. I think Flashy has grown some since I last saw him! And Doogie has grown more handsome!

1 comment:

  1. Even though it might seem difficult to be several hours away, you're lucky to have such a close-knit family. You all stick together, and that's what matters about family.

    ReplyDelete