Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Oughta Know

I wish VH1 would've never told me that You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette was written about Uncle freaking Joey from Full House. This little factoid has ruined the song for me. I was in 6th grade when Jagged Little Pill was released, and my little 12 year old face was rocked off by said album. Then, with a two-minute segment on some "bitter love songs: who are they about" show, this totally awesome, men-are-scumbags, Alanis-is-hardcore song was ruined for me, just like that. Now, everytime I hear it, I think about that goofy [fill in the rest, BG] Joey Gladstone and that dadblamed woodchuck puppet he had. Do you remember that thing? Oh, Alanis, you are so cool. What did you see in Uncle Joey? Why didn't you go for Uncle Jesse? He is clearly the hottest Uncle. And he had a band! Jesse and the Rippers. You could've rocked out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment