Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3-Day Weekend


I am excited for the 3-day weekend that is upon us. Here are my plans:
Friday: eat some chicken legs (exciting: try the new Sweet Baby Ray BBQ flavors purchased last weekend), watch some movies, hang with friends
Saturday: sleep in, work on my flowerbeds (not fun, but has to be done, hun), be lazy
Sunday: sleep in, attend a cookout, be lazy
Monday: sleep in, be lazy
Somewhere in the mix, I must begin my practicum project for the summer: working on my family history/stories. Should be interesting. Don't worry, I'll keep it clean, we'll just focus on the Cornett side...no Jones stories, the world is not ready for Jones stories.

Stories...I think I have already told you all the stories I know. I wonder if people ever grow
tired of listening to my silly tales. I know Curtis
and Dilly sure grew tired of listening to my story about the Old Fat Man. Oh, Lord, they used to hate it when it was my turn to tell a story at Mommaw's house. "Old Fat Man, Old Fat Man, what made you so fat?" "Well, I ate a tub of soup beans, a hundred loaves of light bread, and I'll eat you, too, little girl, if I can catch you!" There's just something triumphant about an obese man who is also a cannibal being ultimately taken down by the protagonist family's pet monkey. I mean, come on people, exemplar storytelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment