Sunday, January 30, 2011

The time has come...


The time has come to finally purchase a washer and dryer! The very first washer and dryer purchase of my life. Doogie has been on the horn with Carol, and some fellers will be down in the upcoming week to straighten out all the jazz that has to happen before we can install the machines (i.e., electric, water, ventilation, etc.). Oh, I am so excited!! Now, what type should I buy? Do you have any suggestions? I'm going with a front-loader or a top-loader without an agitator. Other than that, I haven't a clue. I will have to do some thorough research before the purchase. I'm dreaming of it now...no more night treks to the creepy basement. No more hurrying to sling all the clothes in the basket and sprint back upstairs before Rachel (the ghost of Wallace Woods) attacks! No more peripheral viewings of Shadow People.

Shadow People are dark humanoid silhouettes with no discernible facial features. It is said that you usually see them in your periphery, and they move quickly to dart out of view. Are your eyes playing tricks on you, or are the ghost-like dudes for real? According to an eye-witness account from Doug Bear Gastright, Shadow People exist! It was a hot summer evening, July the year of our Lord 1992ish, and Doug Bear was out in the pool doing swan dives and swimming laps. He came up out of the water, and there it was! He saw, out of the corner of his eye, a Shadow Person! All he caught in those fleeting seconds were the SP's legs, full throttle, hoofing it across the yard. Little Doug Bear wiped his eyes in order to get a better look, but it was too late. The SP had disappeared. Now, Doogie didn't realize that he had seen a Shadow Person until years later, when he was reading lore on the internet. Have you ever seen a Shadow Person? I have not, but I want to see the Hat Man! Wouldn't that be suave? Unless, of course, he was an evil spirit, but when I think of hat men, I think of Bob Dylan and Abe Lincoln and Santa Claus! Surely, the Hat Man is just as gentle as the aforementioned!

No comments:

Post a Comment