Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have you found Jesus, Gump?

I think Jesus has found facebook. Hand to God --70% of the status updates I read on facebook are prayer request or testimonies. Makes me think of Forrest Gump:

Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus, Gump?
Forrest: No, sir. I didn't know I was supposed to be lookin' for him
Lt. Dan: That's what all these cripples down at the VA talk about: Jesus this and Jesus that, have I found Jesus yet?

What a great movie! The best, actually. Well, maybe after The Godfather and The Princess Bride. Tough call. We'll just say those are my top 3 in no particular order. I love watching movies. I think it's best to watch movies with friends. I've even been staying awake through movies lately, except for Rudolph--sorry, Doogie.

Doogie nearly severed my index finger today with the cardboard package on the set of discounted tools he purchased at The Home Depot. Blood was squirting everywhere! I nearly fainted. It burned. I almost cried. Oh good God, I feel nauseated just reflecting on the terrible tragedy!

The tragedy I foretold in last night's blog came true today, folks. That's right. A 4-hour messaging meeting. *VOMITAR* Will tomorrow be better? It won't take much to make that a reality, but as of late, each day seems to be getting progressively worse than the one before. We shall see. Positive thoughts! My good friend who lives down the street tells me I need to think more positively. We'll try it out for a spell, see how it goes. Stop being a Debbie Downer.

Downer = losing a Chipotle giftcard. Must find that little gem tonight, or Doogie might divorce me. This relates to my New Year's resolution: become more organized. Can I do it? We shall see. So far, not so good. I'll get in gear, though! You watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment