Sunday, January 9, 2011

I say we skip Mondays altogether!


It's Sunday night, you've come to expect it, the whiny Monday blues blog: I don't want to go to work tomorrow! Ugh! And class! Not only does tomorrow bring the first day of the work week, but also the first day of spring semester. Double yuck. My Sunday nights are always tainted by the dread of Monday mornings. Oh well, things could be a lot worse, I reckon.

Reckon what got into those Wildcats on Saturday? They couldn't hit the red side of a blue barn! We shall meet again, Georgia...in Rupp! Isn't basketball wonderful?

Wonderfully creepy is what Dexter Season 4 was! Aaah! Watch it! John Lithgow never ceases to amaze me. Do you remember him as Dick on 3rd Rock From the Sun. Geez Louise, you wouldn't know he was the same dude if you watched Dexter. It's like night and day. Creepy McCreeperson. I was already a little scared of those child-molester vans...you know the ones. The big bus box vans with no windows. The kind of van that has "candy" for little kids in the back. Well, now my fear has been magnified. Stay away from the freaking Chevy vans, kids. The Trinity killer might be lurking. Oh, and a little FYI, if you aren't comfortable with nudity on television, Dexter Season 4 is not the show for you. That's right, folks, you'll see John Lithgow's butt at least 3 times. It's rather disturbing.

I find it disturbing that I have dreams, nightmares really, about clinical study reports. Is that a sign of being over-worked? I also had a dream that Doogie ate all the Gingersnap ice cream. What is that a sign of? A disgruntled wife in disbelief that her dear husband would pick out all the gingersnaps from the ice cream, leaving only ginger-flavored vanilla scrappings? Selfish! And I can't believe he threatened to throw away all of my candy! "When I see junkfood in the house, I'm throwing it away." says Diabolical Doogie. What is the man trying to do to me? That candy was a Christmas gift! How rude to throw away perfectly good Reese's cups and chocolate covered graham crackers. There are starving people in China for Christ's sake! The man is absurd. And while we're on the topic (ice cream), someone needs to accompany me to the nearest Graeter's. As you have just read, Doogie Downer despises delectable dairy delights. He won't make a special trip to an ice cream parlor, not even for his wife. That's against his code. So, you wanna go? I'm aimin' to become acquainted with that raspberry chocolate chip goodness I've heard so much about. P.S. I think a certain somebody (I'm talking about you, BG) needs to get with the program and stop being a Graeter's hater! Graeter's can't help it that some drunken fool disrespected your girl at the holiday party. It's not the ice cream's fault! Come on, buddy! Ice cream! "Lt. Dan, iiiice cream!"

3 comments:

  1. I threw away the potato chips you packed in my lunch. If I see the bag at home I'm throwing that away too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my....not sure what the ice cream rant was all about, but you DO realize the nearest Graeters is currently all the way in OHIO, right?! Stupid franchise. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug Bear is a party pooper and does not support my love for ice cream and all things sweet-tooth related. :) He likes carrots, I like carrot cake.

    Stupid franchise indeed!

    ReplyDelete