Thursday, August 18, 2011

Update

It's a been while since I've written, don't know what's up with that. Blame it on my laziness, I reckon. But I am back dang it, and here's a rundown of what's been going on lately:

My boyfriend, John Wall
Let's start with the coolest thing that has happened to me in quite some time, a night I will cherish forever. Monday night Doug, Chris (what an awesome first trip to Rupp for him!), and I made a trip to Rupp Arena for some basketball action. Former UK players who are now in the NBA played against a Calipari-coached Dominican Nationals Team. OH MY GOD, it was so totally mind-blowing. I got all teary eyed when they did the starting line-up. First, of course, they announced the line-up for the Dominican team--hysterical. The crowd booed former U of L players Garcia and Sosa so badly; it was incredibly, hilariously awesome. Then, they (well, we) gave the same treatment to a former Florida player (Horford). That punk had the audacity to do a gator chomp back at us; oddly enough, I think he got a little respect for that. Oh, and then Eloy Vargas (current UK player who played for the Dominican) got the loudest ovation he'll ever receive in his life (we'll be crying when Cal puts him in the game during the regular season...dude isn't a great ballplayer...of course, that's what I thought about Jorts going into the beginning of last season and we all know what a tremendous senior season he had).

After announcing the Dominican team, it was time for the Pros. The lights went down, the spot lights came on, the speakers were blasting the "let's get fired up" music, and the fireworks were booming (yes, there were fireworks inside Rupp Arena). Oh, so cool! Eric Bledsoe! Keith Bogans! Nazr Mohammed! TAYSHAUN  PRINCE! RAJON RONDO! DeMarcus Cousins! My boyfriend, John Wall! Jodie Meeks! Oh my dear God did I scream my head off. It was epic, children. My words cannot describe what an awesome night that was. Doug and I smiled from ear to ear, simply beaming with joy, as were the other 24,000+ fans. Superb night of basketball in AUGUST.

Monday wasn't all thrills, though. This day also brought pain to my beautiful Betty Blue and my little heart. Because I was leaving early that day to go to Rupp, I came into work very early. I got there around 6:45. It was still dark out on the drive in, and that is why I didn't see whatever it was I run over (it wasn't a human or an animal, I checked for blood, and the sound it made wasn't the sound I think a body would make when it hit a car). Anyway, it was metal or hard plastic of some sort. I ran over it, and it whipped up and hit my driver's side door. Left a nice ding and a scratch. Well, I was thoroughly depressed about it. Doug Bear took it to a few shops and figured it's gonna run me about $600 to get fixed. Now, isn't that just the worst feeling in the entire world...spend that kind of money on something that was fine the day before. Ugh. I could've bought something cool with that cash. *Sigh...

Doug, disregard the John Wall comment.
Know that I love you and you need to buy me this
for Christmas.

Oh, and speaking of cars, don't tell Betty Blue, but I want an Infiniti G37. I told Doogie to buy it for me for Christmas, but I have my doubts that it will actually show up in the driveway with one of those big bows on it. You know, cause me and Doug are so rich that I can afford to just go buy a new car. BUT, someday, I will buy a new car, and it might just be an Infiniti G37 (practical family car--an automatic, which is definitely a requirement for my new ride, and AWD, good in the snow).

Random thought...every time I am writing a report at work and I create an in-text figure and it happens to be Figure 4, I think of The Nature Boy Rick Flair.

So, I started a healthy eating kick again. Let's see how long this one lasts. Oh, but tonight I had a bacon cheeseburger for dinner, so maybe I've already screwed up, BUT, I had fiber Eggo waffles and a banana for breakfast (yay) and a PB&J sammich (multigrain bread and reduced fat PB with just a little tiny bit of blackberry jam) and fruit for lunch (yay again). So, I'm proud of myself. However, I would like to say to hell with Dairy Queen who, on this month where I have decided to eat health, has made NUTTER BUTTER blizzards the blizzard of the month. Heartless bastards.

Lastly, there are a TON of movies out that I want to see. Who's gonna go with me? Crazy, Stupid, Love. Fright Night. Conan. One Day. Let's go to AMC, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment