Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another Random Post

People, I've done something to anger the higher beings for I have had Enrique Iglesias's I Need to Know stuck in my head for the past few days. How did that even happen? Where did I hear this horrendous song? Worse, was it just stuck in my subconscious all these years waiting to break free? I don't even know the lyrics. All I know is, "If it's true don't leave me all alone out here wondering if you're ever gonna take me there. Tell me baby girl, cause I need to know. I need to know. I need to know. Tell me baby girl, cause I need to know." I wonder if these are even correct. I would look up the video on youtube but I cannot do that to myself. UNLESS, maybe if I listen to the song completely, it will finally exit my brain? That's an experiment I'm not willing to conduct, folks. Not now. Not on the verge of sleepdom. I don't want to be caught in that zone between being awake and being asleep, and having Enrique sing to me over and over, the same freaking lyrics, which probably aren't even correct. MAKE IT STOP!

In other news, I heard this story on NPR (Doug loves when I start a conversation like that) that claimed
Julian and Jonas enjoying strawberries at Sam's.
people are more stressed at home than they are at work. Evidently some broad and a group of her friends conducted a study where they swabbed people's mouths at work and at home and tested the saliva for whatever you look for that denotes a high stress level. I can't remember. (That's the thing with these NPR stories, I generally only remember about 1/4 of what was said.) Anyhow, this broad claims that people are actually more stressed out at home than at work. She went on to say that this was true not only for parents, but for folks who had no children. WHAT? There is no way on this earth that my home life pre-babies was more stressful than my work life. How is deciding which show to binge watch on Netflix more exhausting to your mind than figuring out what the heck the pharmacokinetics of so-and-so's drug means when testing said drug in humans? See, just the mention of pharmacokinetics makes me sweat. Pass the popcorn and let's fire up Season 1 of the Sopranos. These people are doing it wrong if their escape is work! Or maybe I need their job. 

Just because it's funny: Jonas trying to eat
Oreo icing while keeping a lanyard in his mouth.
The boys and I went to Sam's today. There we shopped with all the senior citizens who just love them some twin boys. The old ladies love that they are so cute. The old men love that they clutch hot wheels cars in their hands as they chomp on Sam's samples and whatever they can dig out of the shopping cart. Most times, their choice snack is BBQ chips. Today, it was strawberries. Haven't been able to get them to eat a strawberry in a while, but, by golly, today they had to have them. I think they ate about 4 big strawberries each before we made it out of the store. I was wondering if any strawberries would make it home. Crazy critters. We do enjoy our Tuesdays and Thursdays. How can this be more stressful than work?




No comments:

Post a Comment