Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Trip to Dwarf, Time Flies, Blueberry Pie, and A Cat for Sale

The boys snuggling at Beetle's.
For Mother's Day, the boys and I headed down to the country. We went to visit Beetle and the gang in Dwarf. We were flying solo, no Daddy Doug. (Hindsight: What the hell was I thinking?!) Now, the trip home is about 3.5 hours. Normally, we don't have any stops. We usually hit a drive-thru for supper, but otherwise, it's a straight shot. Luckily, this was the case on this day, too. I, of course, thought about nothing but having to potty for the whole drive. A pregnant woman tinkles about 1000 times a day. How was I going to make it 3.5 hours without a potty break? What if I HAD to stop? What would I do with the boys? I had it all planned out. I'd hold it til I got to Red River Gorge where I knew the rest stop was clean. Then, I'd strap the boys into their wagon, and haul their rumps in there with me. Luckily, for the sake of us all, I had good bladder control. We made it to Dwarf without incident. Hit up Arby's drive-thru once we got to Hazard, and you would never guess (or maybe you would if you are from a small town) who waited on me. My prom date! He didn't recognize me, and I didn't want to make things awkward, so I just thanked him and moved along. Life is funny.

Anyway, the 4 days at Beetle's were exhausting. I ran after boys from 6am (yes, they decided to wake up
"We're coming for you, Julian!"
extra early to get the fun started) until 8pm. Uncle Bob gave Jonas a hot and spicy pork rind, which, as you can imagine, did not go over well. Oh, and one morning I awoke to hear Julian screaming bloody murder. I went to check on him, and he was staring up at the walls with a complete look of horror on his face. The room in which they sleep is the room of death. Great big buck heads and poor ole fish mounted on every inch of the wall. Poor guy. I bet he thought he was in some sort of wild dream. Woke up to see deer coming for him out of the walls! I've scarred my child for life.

Another thing you should remember when you travel with toddler boys-- they bring with them a lot of toys. These toys generally make a lot of noise. Doug had loaded the van for me the morning before we hit the road, but he forgot to load their scooters, so I tossed them in the back on our way out. I must've thrown them so that they landed wrong-side-up because all the way to Dwarf, if I went around a curve or made a stop, I'd hear the Batmobile rev its engine, followed by a threatening, "IT'S OVER, JOKER!"

After my weekend adventure, I suddenly found myself back at work. Isn't it funny (more like depressing) how that always happens? I was in the break room when a coworker approached me. I asked how he was doing and we exchanged general pleasantries. Then he said this to me, "When you came here, you were a little girl. Now you are a mother and will soon have 3 babies. Time flies!" It is true. I started my job right out of college, a long 8 years ago. And here I am now, an old married woman, mother of 2 boys, and soon to add another to the brood. Time really does fly. It feels like it all happened over night.

Dacian making me a pie!
So, Dacian and I made a blueberry pie the other day, just thought you should know. Actually, it is more accurate to say that Dacian made the pie. We were in the middle of pie making when 2 little dudes awoke from their nap. I had to go upstairs to check on them, and ended up rocking them both back to sleep, only they didn't want to sleep in their cribs, they wanted to sleep on me! There we were, piled to the max, about to break down the ole recliner, all 3 sawing logs.

Anywho, the pie was tasty. Dacian and I were too impatient to let it set. When we got our slices, the pie was more like a cobbler. All the same, it was delicious!







You know, in my last post I was singing the praises of a cat. In this post, I'd like to try to sell one. Actually, he is free. Take him. You want him. You need him

CAT FOR SALE

Yoshi Furoshi the Stink Prince is a obese muscular cat who absolutely abhors adores children. He has been neutered and is declawed, so won't ruin your furniture. Unless he pees on it. Has a small health problem relating to his urinary tract and requires lots of very expensive prescription cat food love. Leave a message in the comments if interested in adopting this young fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment