Friday, May 23, 2014

A Boy or a Girl?

I do not yet know the gender of the little person growing in my belly. I will soon find out, but until then, I will keep fielding the question--Do you want a boy or a girl?

The gender of the babe does not matter to me. I just want a healthy baby! That being said, I do think about scenarios wherein I have another boy or our first girl.

Another boy.

  • I will be severely outnumbered.
  • My life will be full of farts, wiener and number 2 jokes, fist fights, filth, and the general chaos that comes with little boys. 
  • I think little brother might have a rough life dealing with 2 older brothers who will most likely double team him in the distribution of noogies and wedgies (I assume kids still do that. I gave the boys a noogie each today. Maybe I shouldn't introduce them to such shenanigans already.)
  • Despite their wild ways, little boys sure do love their Mamas. So, I will get plenty of hugs and kisses, and will always be the most loved, even if Dad and Uncle Dacian let them play countless hours of video games.
  • Lastly (as far as this list is concerned), I will pretty much be set on clothes. Baby Boy #3 would come into this world with an impressive wardrobe waiting on him. 

A girl.

  • Let's face it. Basically most everything from the list above will be the same with a girl. The only difference is, I will get to buy cute little shirts with kitty cats on them and pink converse. Any girl I have, especially with two big brothers, is bound to be a tom boy. I will have to hear the fart and wiener jokes regardless. Perhaps she will join me in eye rolling once the boys start up, or you know, maybe she'll join right in, you never can tell. 
Brittany and Julian. Too cool for school.
This reminds me of my cousins Curtis and Brittany. When Curtis was a little dude, his Mama was going to have a baby. Curt was pretty sure that baby was going to be a brother. Even when they told him she was going to be a sister, he didn't believe it. Even after Brittany was born and Mommaw was telling him, your sister has arrived, Curtis said, "It could be a brother." He was so distraught about having a sister. She certainly wouldn't play cars with him or fish with him, she probably wouldn't even be able to catch crawdads. So, to put his little mind at ease, Tashia (his older cousin) did something that to this day blows my mind. Tashia, the woman who calls me on the phone to tell me a wasp is in her house, Tashia, the woman who called her Grandpa to come and get rid of a lizard on her steps before she would exit the house, this very woman went into the creek with little Glenn Curtis and caught crawdads. She had to prove to him that girls could catch crawdads and that his little sister could do whatever a little brother could do. I think Britt has definitely shown ole Curt she can run with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment