Wednesday, May 28, 2014

210 Days til Christmas

June is just 3 days away and today has been the first time since December that I have listened to Christmas music. I know what you are thinking--WHAT?! I can hardly believe it myself, but it is true. Winter and I did not have a good relationship this year. Winter was a brutal, horrid thing that lingered on for far too long. In protest of Winter the Jerk, I (read: Doug) took down my Christmas tree, snowmen, and all holiday decor uncharacteristically early this year. I thought by leaving them up I was somehow egging Winter on, and it really needed to leave. I mean, do you remember that mess? The 20 below 0 days! Ugh, unbelievable. Anyway, now that it's 70 degrees in the mornings, and I am fairly confident that Winter is actually over, when Old Blue Eyes started crooning, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" this morning, I let that tune run, baby. It was nice. Got my yuletide cheer brewing. I mean, there are only 210 days til Christmas. Plus, this Christmas I'll, ahem, Santa, will have another little one to spoil.

Speaking of my spoiled children, I just want you to know what happens to your purse when you have 2
rotten boys you haul around. Remember when your purse used to hold lipstick (okay, so chapstick is basically the same thing, right?), tampons (eeek, men can't read the T word), breath mints, and your wallet? Well, move over useful junk, make way for the new contents of Mama's purse: hot wheels and chocolate chip mini muffins. Who needs that wallet anyway? With two babies, you never have any money!

I'll leave you with a Dwarf story.

I saw a friend's facebook status this morning and was reminded of this little memory Beetle shared with me a couple weekends ago:
When your uncle was a little boy, he told me, "Mother, when I get older, I am going to marry you." I told him, "Honey, we don't marry our mothers." And he snapped back, "Well, I'll marry Mommaw then. I'm getting me a woman who can cook!"


No comments:

Post a Comment