Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Doug Bear Returns

Hooray! Doogie is back from his trip to Louisville. I am so happy. I may be able to sleep tonight. Last night, he was gone, and I could not for the life of me get any sleep. I woke up every half-hour until 2:30, when I finally gave up and slept until 6:30. Every time I woke up, I had a different verse of Desolation Row stuck in my head. You don't really want to try to go to sleep with, "They're selling postcards of the hanging" running through your mind, especially since you spent every Saturday for the first part of the year working a Lynching Photography exhibit. I swear, I still have emotional problems due to that experience. But Doogie is back and tonight I shall sleep like a rock or like a BC.

BC and the boys hate me. Now that the furnace is working and the radiators are keeping the house moderately warm, the boys sleep in their own bed (the guest bed in the guest room, which is the warmest room in the house). Bunch of jerks! This is why I want to adopt a new kitty and forget about the rest of the ungrateful heathens. I want to adopt Mr. Rabbit from the Kenton County Animal Shelter. He is so cute. He is a BC twin! I have 4 cats too many, but I bet you want to adopt him, right? Come on! I'll pay the $35 for you! And I'll even go to Sam's and buy you some food and litter for the little fellow. Oh God, I have to stop looking at this picture, or I will cry. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment