Friday, March 8, 2013

It's Such a Good Feeling

Jonas eating a strawberry.
When I type Dacian's name in a text message, the phone auto-corrects it to "fascism"  or "dachshund."

Last weekend when we were in Dwarf, the boys got a visit from some of their cousins, and they brought the little guys a few presents. One of these gifts was a fresh food feeder--they look like pacifiers but the end is mesh and you're supposed to put fruit or ice cubes or whatever in there and the babies can gnaw on it without the fear of choking. Well, when the babysitter (who is around 70) saw these contraptions, she said, "I remember these. My Mommy gave us something like this when we were kids. She called them sugar tits."

I think my children are destined to be warped or confused or maybe I am just training them to be stellar at trivia. Tonight, after I fed the boys, I reflected back to everything we had discussed over dinner (read: what I said to them while I tried to shove food in their little mouths). References included:

The Godfather: I know it was you, Jonas, and you broke my heart!

Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (to Jules aka Hogwarts aka the good eater, who at the time was refusing to eat): Et tu, Jules? Then fall Mommy.

Jules being awesome.
Bruno Mars: His eyes, his eyes, make the stars look like they're not shinin'!

Nickelodeon's Catdog + Si Robertson: Hey, Jack. Did you boys know that one fine day with a woof and a purr a baby was born that caused a little stir. Hey, look here! Weren't no blue bug, no 3-eyed frog, just a feline canine little catdog.

I even tried to speak some espanol: Open your mouth! Abrir!

Then I wondered if abrir actually means "to open."

And we ended dinner as we always do, "I like you just the way you are!"


No comments:

Post a Comment