Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Scream Heard 'Round the State

You knew there was going to be a post about Nerlens, so don't act like this is a surprise (yes, I realize it has been 5 days). Kentucky basketball is my religion people, and the Pope didn't retire, but he blew out his knee (is this extremely offensive? if so, apologies). My beloved Nerlens was playing his hardest (the only Wildcat doing so, might I add) and trying to get the Cats back in the game. His knee died doing what it did best--elevating Nerlens above chumps so he can knock balls down dude's throats. I hope for a speedy recovery for Mr. Noel and cross my fingers that he may return to the Big Blue Nation for a sophomore year (dream on).

God, that Tennessee game was pathetic. That is all.

In other news...

I no longer feel like death warmed over and the boys are back to their cheery little selves. So happy to be done with that bs! Being sick is the worst, especially when you have 2 little dudes depending on you to care for them!

I am a true Covingtonian, people. I used my babies' stroller to haul something other than them. But, on my behalf, I was just walking across a parking lot and I wasn't carting scrap metal that I dug out of someone's trash. Because someone blocked the loading area, I had to park in the parking lot at the Children's Home when I dropped off our donations. And because Kelli and I are so awesome, we had a ton of goodies to deliver, and I couldn't carry it all in my weak arms, so I improvised. Speaking of the Children's Home, for the month of March, we are buying beach towels. So, if you want to do something good, give me $7 so that I can buy a little dude a beach towel. It'll make you feel good about yourself. $7 on that McDonald's Extra Value Meal, or $7 to the Children's Home. You know what to do! (Seriously, shoot me a message if you want more detail on how to help!)

So, we are finally all (mostly) moved in upstairs. Our bedroom is super suave. What I like most about it is our awesome closets from Ikea and our very cool bathroom by Carol. We have heat lights in the bathroom. Talk about an amazing feeling in the morning. Ah, they are nice and bright to wake me up and oh so warm! It's like taking a shower in sunshine. I recommend everyone get those for their bathroom.

The boys' room is right across the way from our bedroom. There's not really a hallway in between our rooms, just a door. You know how these old homes are. Anyway, when I lay in bed, I can see into the boys' room. I can see the little critters in their cribs. This is good and bad. Good because they are so close, so when they wake up screaming bloody murder, Doug can get to them before they disturb my sleep. And bad because, well because things like this happen:

It was about midnight and I was still awake for some reason. Doug was in the study studying (read: playing video games). The stars projector was on in the boys' room, and I was looking in there, just thinking about them, when, I saw this huge monster standing over Jonas's crib! I immediately thought of Supernatural and the Yellow-Eyed Demon. I was so scared! What was that over Jonas's crib?! (Obviously I wasn't that scared because I never got out of the bed. In the back of my mind, I knew it was just me being an idiot.) I laid there wracking my brain trying to figure out what the "creature" was, when it dawned on me. The projector was on, so there was light in the boys' room, and the "creature" was the shadow of that damn over-sized stuffed T-Rex that Boomer got them for Christmas. 

Jonas was crying the other night and Doug was already busy with ole Jules, so I had to get up and console the Bear. It usually only takes a couple verses of "Country Roads, Take Me Home" to send the Bear back to la-la land, but on this night, he required some milk. I made him a bottle, in the dark. You know, when you become a parent, your eyes quickly evolve and you develop night vision. There I was, making my way back to Jonas, when I saw something moving around in the dark nursery. WHO IS THERE?! WHAT IS MOVING?! My mind was going crazy. It moved again, and I screamed bloody murder. It was Doug. My screams woke both babies, who in turn screamed. Doug just simply asked, "What is wrong with you?" People, I think I watch too many movies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment